Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pinedale HSF May Service Project

MORE STRAWBERRIES!

For our May service project we decided to go strawberry picking and then visit some of our shut-in friends. We put together baskets of fresh strawberries to deliver during our visits

It turned out to be a beautiful day...

We ended up having a great turn out for the service project...

Seth found this unique strawberry... it looked like an ant... see the eyes, nose and the pinchers at the bottom?... This is one of my favorite pictures of Seth... He looks soooo sweet!!!

What a blessing to be having fun with friends while also showing love to others. We ended up visiting 3 different homes, but I forgot to take pictures while we were there. Oh well, maybe next time! One of my favorite things about home schooling is the time I get to spend with my boys. I really do enjoy being with them as much as possible. (except for a few times when I threaten to put them on the yellow bus that comes right by our house before they are even out of bed!!!) The service projects that we do with our home school group are great because we are working together to show the love of Christ to those we are helping.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love the service projects that you all do! What a great way to show your kids the love of Jesus:)

We pick at Ingrams Strawberry Farm in High Point:) We are finally down to 2 bags in freezer and 2 in the fridge... last night we made a strawberry swirl cake... yummy! I am going to make jam today... never have before but worth a try.

email or FB me you phone number again so you can update me on the Foster Care~