Sunday, July 18, 2010

My All-Star

A lot has been going on here the last few months... baseball, camp, ministry opportunities, birthdays, vacation, writing opportunities and the list goes on. The most important thing that has happened recently has been the Lord speaking to me about what I've been focused on.



The past few months my life has been kinda like this picture. You can see what's important, but it's not the focus. You can't see clearly what's important when you are focused on the wrong thing or too many things at one time.

His burden, which is suppose to be light (Matt 11:30), suddenly becomes heavy and bothersome. All of the things we are doing may be good, but only one thing is needed... (Luke 10:38-41)... and that is to focus on Jesus and He will show us what's really important in this life.



I've spent a lot of time lately cleaning house and getting rid of the unnecessary stuff that I had allowed to creep in. I asked some tough questions and let go of some things that are close to my heart, but in the end I know I wont regret choosing to focus on my family. I only have a short few years before my boys are grown and I don't want to look back and see that I was so busy ministering to others that I missed the opportunities under my own roof. God has entrusted me with raising three boys who will hopefully grow to be great warriors for Him.

I AM BLESSED!

I am also focusing on my role as wife, homeschool mom, and writer. Later this week I will share how the Lord spoke to me and the process I went through to narrow down what I am suppose to be focused on.

Now on to the good stuff!



Noah played spring ball for the first time this year. He loves baseball! He had a great season and after it was over he was asked to be on the All-Star team. He was so excited!



Noah knew right away he wanted to try out for pitcher.



So we called a friend and asked them to help teach Noah to pitch since he had never pitched before.

thanks lucas and levi!!!



Noah ended up being 1 of 4 pitchers. He did really well considering it was his first time pitching.



The three hour practices everyday for two weeks were challenging.



They played a total of 4 games...



... and lost a total of 4 games, but through all of this he learned a lot about perseverance and commitment. He had lots of fun, made new friends, and discovered a new passion.

i have never been big into sports, but I can't wait for fall ball!

No comments: