Friday, July 3, 2009

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

We decided to do a little spur-of-the-moment decorating for the fourth.

We cut stars out of foam sheets... hot glued them to some twine... and VOILA!... instant art.

We hung the streamer on the wall behind our kitchen table and with the leftover stars we made a hanger for a door or window.

We may write some patriotic words on the stars... I can't make up my mind. (as usual!) Another idea is to write, "I love America because..." or, "I'm thankful to live in America because..." on the star and let everyone fill in the blank. It could be a keepsake that you add to every year. We should never take for granted our freedoms, but we should take the time to thank those who have sacrificed for our freedoms... remember freedom is never free.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Very cute... I like them :)