Monday, December 7, 2009

Inspired to Run

Today we said goodbye to a friend, a mother of 3, a runner, and most importantly a lover of the Lord, Jesus Christ. I heard the news of her horrific death a few days ago and have been in shock ever since. Although I did not know her all that well, she definitely left an impression that I hope to soon NOT forget. Her life touched many people, as seen by the outpouring of people at her viewing and memorial service.

We talked many times about our boys. (her oldest and Seth are good friends) During our occasional conversations and times spent together in bible study the thing that stood out to me the most was her faith. She amazed me with her knowledge and understanding of the Word. Quite often she quoted just the right scripture to bring you encouragement.

After attending the memorial service today, I am even more in awe of her and what Christ did through her life than ever before. She was the kind of person who lived life to the fullest and always had a smile on her face. I never heard her complain... NEVER. In life, she inspired me to teach my boys more about Jesus and in death she inspires me to live my life more about Jesus.

So today I decide to become a runner...

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. (emphasis mine) 1 Corinthians 9:24,25

Allison, you had a great run and now you have the crown to prove it. Your smile will be extremely missed.

1 comment:

Karen said...

She sounded like an amazing woman who left a great legacy~