Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fair Days

Last week we went to the Fair. For many, many years I have desired to go to the fair, but for one reason or another we hadn't been able to go. I was really excited that we made it to the fair this year. Monday was school days so we were able to get in for free. We spent most of the day walking around looking at all of the exhibits and animals. It was neat to see all the things people made for the fair. The photography section was my favorite. The boys liked the huge gourds and pumpkins. One pumpkin weighed over 1200 pounds. I don't know why I didn't think to take a picture of it? Anyway here are a few pictures that I did take...

Each boy found their Kindred Spirit in the petting zoo barn.



Can you believe this guy?... he really took a likin' to Noah! Of course it had nothing to do with the food he had in his hand.

And this Guy...



he tried to give Seth...



a big ol' sloppy kiss! Can't you just see the love in his eyes? I'm talking about the camel of course!

Then there's Joshua with his llama-llama. As he called it.



In the look-a-like contest, hands down, those two are the winners! :0)

I really liked this little guy. Would've taken him home except I didn't think Mordecai would be too happy with me.



Next stop... bumper cars.



We all rode the bumper cars except daddy, because he is still recovering. So he took lots of pictures for us.



We had a lot of fun on this ride. Some of us got a little more aggressive than the rest of us.



Thank goodness for those bumpers!



The boys also liked this fun house.





We didn't want to spend a lot of money, so we told the boys in advance we would only ride a few rides. And they were fine with that.



We stopped by our favorite radio station's booth and the boys had their faces painted. Noah chose baseball...



Seth got a snoopy dog...



and Joshua got a tarheel.



This was a fun day together as a family making memories that will last. We spent less than $50 and that included our lunch at the fair with dessert. Mike and I split a deep fried snickers... I just had to try it. If we go next year I will have to try the deep fried butter...YUM!

No comments: