Friday, February 12, 2010

Ready For Spring!

I am so ready for spring. We have had more snow than usual this winter. Don't get me wrong I love a good snow. It is amazingly beautiful to look out the window and see everything covered in white, but enough is enough.

As everything has started melting away our dog, Mordecai has discovered a new hobby...



... digging in the mud leftover from all that white stuff. Mordecai's "white" paws were completely covered with mud!

and he thinks if he doesn't look at me i won't notice.

well i noticed.

maybe he won't notice getting a bath, which he hates!



Who knew taking a bath could be so exhausting? At least he cleans up well.


Shortly after we moved into our home I noticed in the midst of the tree-tops the shape of a heart. The leaves from two huge trees overlap just enough to form the outline of a heart. Through the outline you can view the sky. It's really pretty and reminds me of God's great love for me. I often look at it and think about the verse, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands." Psalm 19:1

Well with all the cold weather it has taken a toll on those trees. They have lost all their leaves and a few limbs. Just the other day I looked up to gaze at the heart God put in the trees for me and to my unpleasant surprise it was gone! I was really sad. I turned and slowly walked over to the sink to finish the dishes and decided to take a peak out of a different window hoping I could see it from another view. No luck. It was truly gone. Just then my eye caught a glimpse of something at the bottom of a tree a lot closer to our house.



I just had to take a picture of it! God is so good to me! He knew I needed that, thank you Lord.

1 comment:

Karen said...

That is so cool!! I am about finished with the snow too!!