Monday, June 15, 2009

What We've been up to lately

End of year TESTING... Ending another school year... TESTING... Visiting friends... TESTING... swimming... TESTING... Gardening... Oh, did I mention TESTING!?! YES!, Last week the boys officially finished their school work for the year, AND we made it through testing! (barely!) It's usually not a big deal but this year for some reason it was. Let's just say I have never been happier to send that puppy off in the mail than I was this year. Even though it can be challenging at times I really do love homeschooling our boys and am so thankful God has blessed our family with the ability to do so... Just don't remind me that I have to do the "T" word again next year!

Okay... I'm over it. Now let's get on to the good stuff we've been doing...


We went to visit a good friend. We had a great wild-animal-filled day. Let's see... we saw chickens, huge dogs, (I can't remember what kind they were, but believe me, they were HUGE!) goats, cats, more dogs, hummingbirds, a horse and last but not least this.....


S-N-A-K-E !!!!



Thankfully one of my friends dogs (not one of the HUGE dogs) attacked and killed it for us. We put the snake on the table to get a closer look at it. While we were trying to determine if it was a baby Copperhead or not, "IT" decided to not be dead anymore and it opened its mouth and started moving. Now, I know that it probably was dead and that was probably just reflexes, but just to be sure we had the man of the house do this....



And this...



Just to be sure!

No comments: