Monday, March 9, 2009

Our Square Herb Garden

Well here we go with our next project. Mike and I have been wanting to have a garden again. We had a very small one a few years ago. (That is if you can count a few bell pepper plants, a watermelon vine and some cherry tomatoes a garden?)

Anyway, I've been checking out this website called "Square Foot Gardening". It's basically gardening out of boxes in 4 square feet increments. You can check out the details here.

I thought this would be a great family project. So, off to Lowe's we go. We are starting off small. A 2x2 herb garden for our deck. Since it will be on our deck we have to have a bottom, which is just plywood. Here's the wood...


The next two pictures are of Seth and Noah cutting the boards in half to get the 2ft we need. (See boys, you really do use math in real life!)




In the next few days I will update on how far we have come on building our box.

1 comment:

Karen said...

This looks like it will be neat... I love to plant in our garden! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Thanks for shopping at LOWES! :)