Wednesday, March 4, 2009

book 2/12

I just finished reading my second book for this year. To see my reading goals look here.

"SuperFoods Rx: Fourteen foods That Will Change Your Life" by Steven G. Pratt, M.D., and Kathy Matthews. (See my bookshelf for a picture of the cover.)

This book talks about 14 different foods that are considered super foods, the list includes...beans, blueberries, broccoli, oats, oranges, pumpkin, wild salmon, soy, spinach, tea, tomatoes, turkey, walnuts, and yogurt. You can improve your health by knowing the right foods (and the right serving size) to add to your diet. There is a chapter dedicated to each of the 14 super foods that outlines the health benefits of that food. There are simple suggestions on how to get more of the super foods in your daily meals. In the back of the book there are fifty recipes and a shopping list of where you can find the food he talks about in the book. I enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in having healthier eating habits.

Check out my bookshelf to see what I'm reading next.

No comments: