Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our trip to Virginia

This past weekend we went to visit my parents in Roanoke, VA. Mike had a long weekend so we took advantage of an extra day off. This is the Mill Mountain Star. At night it's lit up nice and bright. The boys always see who can be the first one to spot the star. (And no, I did not take this picture. I tried taking one as we passed it on the way in but mine looked like a red and blue blur. That's what happens when you are traveling 65mph on the highway and trying to take a picture.)


I did take these...

Saturday was a great day of visiting with family. While we were there my grandparents (Nana, Paw-Paw) and Uncle (Michael Bean) came to visit also. It was great having everyone together. I got this great picture of Nana and Joshua sitting in the sun room together.


On Sunday night Mike, Joshua and I went to Lynchburg to a Ken Ham conference. (He's the big creationist guy) It was really good and we got lots of stuff. I'm very excited about some curriculum I purchased. It's a unit study on the Pilgrims Progress. I have not read the book yet but I hear it is great and I can't wait to start this study.

Before we left on Monday we decided to run downtown to the market and see if there was anything there. There are usually vendors selling all kind of things, but there wasn't much going on that day. So, we decided to grab lunch and hit the road for home, but first one more picture...

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sounds like a great trip....It's nice to get away like that every now and then! Great pictures~